Telehealth: what you need to know as a healthcare professional
The World is having to respond swiftly to the impact of the Covid-19 virus.
Telehealth is rapidly being taken up to help health professionals and patients reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.
While some doctors have long-term experience of using telehealth in their routine practice, conducting virtual consultations using sophisticated webcam technology, most health professionals will have limited or no experience.
Suddenly, they find themselves having to get to grips with using this technology. Health service providers and governments around the world are pushing for greater telehealth use to enable safer patient consultations and access to patient data.
But health professionals will need help and time for training in using telehealth. And that’s where our webinars will help.
Who should view this:
Doctors, Physicians, Generalpractitioners, Consultants,
Specialists, Oncology, Cardiology, Nurses, Dentists, Pharmacists or All other patient-facing health professionals
Topics to be discussed will include:
- What steps can you take to confirm a diagnosis over a video link?
- What does telehealth not let me do and is it important?
- How do patients want to use telehealth?
- How can I target those patient groups most likely to benefit from telehealth?
- What if the patient has a visual or hearing impairment?
- What conditions really need to have an in-person consultation?
- Does using voice recognition software help with note taking?
- What happens if the platform isn’t working or the internet keeps dropping?
- Should I be recording the video consultation?