Telepharmacy is the delivery of pharmaceutical products and care by means of virtual communication to patients. In this way patients can receive their medicines and other pharmaceutical care items in the easiest and most comfortable way that suits them.
Telepharmacy is also a means for the pharma profession to provide other services like training, education, and management to pharmacists.
There are many benefits of Telepharmacy such as reduced costs, faster, more consistent medication order review times, higher level of clinical interventions, increased flexibility and improved work satisfaction by pharmacy staff. All these makes it attractive for healthcare providers around the world.
We have invited international experts from different countries to share their experience about
- Telehealth implementation in pharmacy including the use of Telepharmacy in supply of medicines, and the use of Telehealth for medicine safety and the quality use of medicines
- Benefits of Telepharmacy
- Areas where it can be implemented: Inpatient, remote dispensing, IV admixture, remote counselling, education and management services
- Challenges and opportunities
- How Telepharmacy can address the biggest concerns of hospitals
- Minimising risks and readmissions
- Increase of pharmacy revenue